Sunday, April 28, 2013

SOG April Sketch Challenge

I'm trying to be more participatory *Grins* This week I've been all over Some Odd Girl. Earlier this week I did the Live Color Along with Kristy and we did Mad Hatter Kody. It's actually a stamp I've had for a while and I've been dying to use. Apparently I just needed an excuse.

This weekend I put him on my April Sketch Challenge card. The Challenge is to make a card based in the following template.

I thought my new Mad Hatter would fit in perfectly.

The papers are SEI and a small portion from the Graphics 45 Wonderland collection (Seemed appropriate). The ribbon is from Websters Pages and reminded me of a fabric measuring tape that Kody would run around using to measure people's heads for hats, and the flags are from Studio Calico.

I used Copics to color and used the colors from the Live Color Along (You can read all about it here on Kristy's Blog and see her much better coloring)

I almost didn't do the Epic Pants. I chickened out at first and just made them pinstripes, but Kristy's came out so cute that I had to try it and I must say, I'm very pleased with the results.

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me?!? This looks absolutely AMAZING!!!! (Yes, you totally deserve 4 exclamation marks.) :D I seriously love this card - the papers, the wonderful use of the sketch, but mostly I love your coloring. Add to the fact that you actually did the Epic pants I'm flabbergasted! Seriously amazing and so excited that you joined up with us at SOG for this month's challenge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in AWE of your coloring! Now I have to try those pants too!! LOL! What a wonderful take on the SOG challenge! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun! P.S. pssssst, a new sketch is due to come out in a couple of days...hope you join us again!

    ReplyDelete